Poster, Dvd Label and DVD Packaging

So……I picked which poster to use and created a DVD label and DVD packaging  to go with it…..

Finished Poster

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And finished DVD label

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I did a couple of test prints of the DVD label and found that it came out very dark….I had to adjust the opacity of the  background image so when text was placed on top it could actually be read. I will have do a couple of test prints of the poster to see if I have the same problem.

 

I decided to do a simple DVD package that would fit on A3 max to make it easier to print. I pulled the opacity down to match the DVD label. This will be in inside of the packet….haven’t decided on the outside yet.

Movie Poster

Ok so I tried the whole cutting out of the bike….didn’t work. The image I found wasn’t good enough resolution so I tried taking my own and then cut that out…still didn’t work! So I simplified my idea for the poster, keeping the same idea but changing the images used on the poster slightly.

I have three possibilities so far

Two Chickens!!

So I finally have my production logo….

It’s simple but I like it. It still contains Kath & Kim and I love the font.

I have been working my way through the tutorials we have been given for After Effects and I really like the program!

They are not very interesting but I am happy I can animate.

Tutorial One

Tutorial Two

And this is my attempt at a quick animation for my logo

Production Logo Storyboard

So this is my storyboard so far….although I don’t have a finished logo yet I have know it will contain the Kath and Kim vectors I made.

   Camera zooms out to show blue sky and clouds

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Camera still zooming out to show sun and landscape

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   Zooming out to show coop

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  Wide shot of Kath and Kim, coop and landscape

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   Zoom in on Kath and Kim, background fades away and drops out of sight

Kath & Kim is gone!!!!

I had my production logo concept presentation today…I had decided on the name Kath & Kim…but as everyone pointed out to me  the name Kath & Kim is trademarked. So keeping with the chicken theme the name Two Chickens was born! So Kath & Kim are still featuring in my work…it’s ok girls!

So more research is needed into animated logos. The following links contain a few different examples…..guess I better get my logo first!

Some of these are ok

But these are better!

So I still want to use the vectors of ‘the girls’ so I am thinking something like this….

So I have played with the new production company name….came up with the following….it’s still work in progress

I like the circular one but it needs a bit more work!!!